As more and more couples are looking for ways to express their individuality, engagement ring trends are moving away from the traditional diamond solitaire. Alexandrite engagement rings are a unique and beautiful option for couples who want something different.
Alexandrite is a rare variety of chrysoberyl that changes color in different lighting conditions. It is usually green in natural light and red or purple in artificial light. This makes it a perfect choice for an engagement ring because it symbolizes the change from single life to married life.
Alexandrite is also said to bring good luck and fortune to the wearer, making it an ideal choice for couples who are starting out on their journey together.
If you’re looking for a unique and beautiful engagement ring that is sure to stand out, an alexandrite ring is the perfect choice.
Benefits of Alexandrite Engagement Rings
If you and your partner are looking for an engagement ring that is unique and unconventional, then an alexandrite engagement ring may be the perfect choice for you. Alexandrite is a rare gemstone that changes color in different light, making it truly one of a kind. Here are some of the benefits of choosing an alexandrite engagement ring:
- The unique color-changing ability of alexandrite makes it a stand-out choice for an engagement ring.
- Alexandrite is extremely rare, so wearing an alexandrite engagement ring will make you feel special and unique.
- The color-changing ability of alexandrite also symbolizes the change from being single to being in a committed relationship – perfect for an engagement ring!
- Alexandrite is said to bring good luck and fortune to those who wear it, so what better gemstone to choose for your engagement ring?
- Last but not least, alexandrite looks absolutely stunning when set in gold or platinum, making it a truly beautiful and eye-catching engagement ring option.
Top 5 Unconventional Alexandrite Engagement Rings
Alexandrite is a gemstone that changes color in different lighting, making it a unique and special choice for an engagement ring. Here are the top 5 unconventional alexandrite engagement rings:
- Oval Cut Alexandrite Ring with Diamond Halo: This ring features an oval cut alexandrite center stone with a diamond halo. The halo of diamonds adds extra sparkle and makes the alexandrite stone appear larger.
- Round Cut Alexandrite Ring with Pave Diamond Band: This ring has a round cut alexandrite center stone with a pave diamond band. The pave diamonds go halfway around the band and add extra sparkle to this already beautiful ring.
- Emerald Cut Alexandrite Ring with Tapered Baguette Diamonds: This ring has an emerald cut alexandrite center stone with tapered baguette diamonds on either side. The tapered baguettes make this ring unique and add extra dimension to the design.
- Pear Shaped Alexandrite Ring with Diamond Accents: This ring features a pear shaped alexandrite center stone with diamond accents on the band. The diamond accents help to accentuate the pear shape of the center stone and add extra sparkle to the ring.
- Cushion Cut Alexandrite Ring with Diamond Halo: This cushion cut alexandrite ring has a classic design with a modern twist.
Tips for Choosing the Perfect Alexandrite Ring
If you and your partner are looking for an engagement ring that is unique and represents your individuality, then an alexandrite ring may be the perfect choice for you! Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect alexandrite ring:
- Consider the Color Change. Alexandrites are known for their color-changing properties, which means that the stone will appear different colors in different lighting conditions. When choosing an alexandrite ring, take into consideration how the stone will look in both indoor and outdoor lighting.
- Choose Your Metal Carefully. The metal setting of your alexandrite ring can also affect the stone’s appearance. For example, white gold or platinum settings will make the color change more visible, while yellow gold settings can cause the stone to appear greenish in certain lightings.
- Think About the Cut. The cut of an alexandrite can also affect its appearance. Stones that are cut too shallow may not show off the full color change, while stones that are cut too deep may appear dark in certain lightings. Talk to your jeweler about finding the right cut for your alexandrite engagement ring.
- Don’t Forget About Clarity. In addition to considering color and cut, it’s also important to think about clarity when choosing an alexandrite ring. Stones with fewer inclusions will typically show off a more dramatic color change than those with more inclusions.
How to Care for an Alexandrite Ring
When you purchase an alexandrite ring, you are making a long-term investment. Here are some tips on how to care for your ring so that it will retain its beauty for many years to come.
- Remove your alexandrite ring before engaging in any strenuous activity. This includes exercise, yard work, and housework.
- Avoid exposing your alexandrite ring to harsh chemicals. This means removing it before swimming in chlorinated water or using cleaning products.
- Clean your alexandrite ring regularly with mild soap and water. A soft toothbrush can be used to remove any dirt or grime build-up around the setting or gemstone.
- Have your alexandrite ring checked by a professional jeweler every 6 months to ensure that the setting is secure and the gemstone is not loose.
We hope this article has helped you find the perfect alexandrite engagement ring for your special someone. Alexandrite is an incredibly unique stone that will undoubtedly add a spark of personality and glamor to your relationship. Whether you choose one of our top five picks or go with something entirely different, we know you’ll be able to find the ideal ring for your unconventional love story.